- in one perfect God, Creator of all things, existing in three persons: God the Father, Jesus the Son, and the Holy Spirit
- the Bible, both Old and New Testaments, to be the inspired Word of God
- that Jesus Christ is both God and man
- that Jesus died on the cross for our sins and He rose from the dead
- that man was created in the image of God but fell into sin and is lost
- that the shed blood of Jesus Christ and His resurrection provide salvation for the lost who believe in Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Saviour
- that water baptism and communion are symbols to be observed by the Church during the present age
- in the coming of Jesus who provides hope for those who believe in Him as their personal Saviour
Read our our full Statement of Faith.
For a detailed account of our beliefs, please visit the Canadian Conference of Mennonite Brethren's Confession of Faith page.
At Valleyview Bible Church we believe:
- the Scriptures, both Old and New Testaments, to be the inspired Word of God, without error in the original writings, the complete revelation of His will for the salvation of men, and the divine and final authority for all Christian faith and life.
- in one God, Creator of all things, infinitely perfect and eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- that Jesus Christ is true God and true man, having been conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary. He died on the cross, a sacrifice for our sins, according to the Scriptures. Further, He arose bodily from the dead, ascended into heaven, where at the right hand of the Majesty on High, He is now our High Priest and Advocate.
- that the ministry of the Holy Spirit is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ, and during this age to convict men, regenerate the believing sinner, indwell, guide, instruct, and empower the believer for godly living and service.
- that man was created in the image of God but fell into sin and is, therefore, lost, and only through regeneration by the Holy Spirit can salvation and spiritual life be obtained.
- that the shed blood of Jesus Christ and His resurrection provide the only grounds for justification and salvation for all who believe, and only such as receive Jesus Christ are born of the Holy Spirit, and thus become children of God.
- that water baptism and the Lord's Supper are ordinances to be observed by the Church during the present age. They are, however, not regarded as a means of salvation.
- that the true Church is composed of such persons who through saving faith in Jesus Christ have been regenerated by the Holy Spirit and are united together in the Body of Christ of which He is the Head.
- that only those who are thus members of the true Church shall be eligible for membership in the local church.
- that Jesus Christ is the Lord and Head of the Church, and that every local church has the right, under Christ, to decide and govern its own affairs.
- in the personal and imminent coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and that this "Blessed Hope" has a vital bearing on the personal life and service of the believer.
- in the bodily resurrection of the dead; of the believer to everlasting blessedness and joy with the Lord; of the unbeliever to judgment and everlasting, conscious punishment.
What Is The Gospel?
Simply put, The Gospel IS the PERSON and WORK of Jesus Christ. Here are the main points of the Gospel Message that we, as Christians, believe:
The ETERNAL, LOVING and HOLY God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit, created all things that we have come to know (and things we don't yet know during our short time on Earth). It was God's plan to create mankind in His image. (Genesis 1:27-31)
The man and the woman were created with God's inherent qualities: (Genesis 2:21-25)
- the freedom to choose
- sinless perfection which gave them direct fellowship with a holy God
In their freedom, they chose to disobey God, and because God is JUST, the consequences of that sin were: (Genesis 36-7)
- SIN entered all of the world. (Romans 5:12)
- They died spiritually (Romans 6:23)
- They were alienated from, and at enmity with a Holy God, deserving of God's wrath and punishment for sin. (Romans 5:10)
- From that day, our original parents and all their descendants (that includes all of us), were born spiritually dead and thus alienated from God. (Ephesians 2:1)
- Because God is JUST, we too are under the curse of sin. (Romans 3:23)
The Good News (The Gospel)
The Bible (God's Word to us) describes how from the beginning, God's plan of redemption (bringing as many of us that would believe, back to Himself), was underway. Because God is LOVE and loved us. (John 3:16)
When the time was right, God sent His son Jesus to bear the penalty of our sin by dying a cruel death on a Roman cross. Jesus' last words as he hung from that tree were, "It is finished." The penalty for ALL SIN was paid and JUSTICE was satisfied.
BUT...That's Not All
The Bible says Jesus rose from the dead after 3 days in the grave. His resurrection was witnessed by about 500 people. HE LIVES! Because He defeated death and HE LIVES, we too can LIVE again--not just new spiritual LIFE, but LIFE ETERNAL. (John 11:25-26)
How do we enjoy what God has done for us? The Bible says, "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be SAVED." We must agree that we need a Saviour, and that He is the only way.
Saved from what? Refuse what Jesus Christ has done for you, and you bear the consequences of your own sin -- punishment and ETERNAL separation from God. Jesus did not come to make bad people good, but to make dead people LIVE.
After 40 days with His disciples, Jesus ascended into heaven. He now sits at God's right hand and serves as our great High Priest. He intervenes with the Father on our behalf. (Mark 16:19, Hebrews 2:17) Finally, He sent His Holy Spirit to His own, to comfort and teach all those who belong to Him.
Want to know more? Speak to one of our Leaders by Calling