- in one perfect God, Creator of all things, existing in three persons: God the Father, Jesus the Son, and the Holy Spirit
- the Bible, both Old and New Testaments, to be the inspired Word of God
- that Jesus Christ is both God and man
- that Jesus died on the cross for our sins and He rose from the dead
- that man was created in the image of God but fell into sin and is lost
- that the shed blood of Jesus Christ and His resurrection provide salvation for the lost who believe in Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Saviour
- that water baptism and communion are symbols to be observed by the Church during the present age
- in the coming of Jesus who provides hope for those who believe in Him as their personal Saviour
Read our our full Statement of Faith.
For a detailed account of our beliefs, please visit the Canadian Conference of Mennonite Brethren's Confession of Faith page.
What Is The Gospel?
Simply put, The Gospel IS the PERSON and WORK of Jesus Christ. Here are the main points of the Gospel Message that we, as Christians, believe:
The ETERNAL, LOVING and HOLY God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit, created all things that we have come to know (and things we don't yet know during our short time on Earth). It was God's plan to create mankind in His image. (Genesis 1:27-31)
The man and the woman were created with God's inherent qualities: (Genesis 2:21-25)
- the freedom to choose
- sinless perfection which gave them direct fellowship with a holy God
In their freedom, they chose to disobey God, and because God is JUST, the consequences of that sin were: (Genesis 36-7)
- SIN entered all of the world. (Romans 5:12)
- They died spiritually (Romans 6:23)
- They were alienated from, and at enmity with a Holy God, deserving of God's wrath and punishment for sin. (Romans 5:10)
- From that day, our original parents and all their descendants (that includes all of us), were born spiritually dead and thus alienated from God. (Ephesians 2:1)
- Because God is JUST, we too are under the curse of sin. (Romans 3:23)
The Good News (The Gospel)
The Bible (God's Word to us) describes how from the beginning, God's plan of redemption (bringing as many of us that would believe, back to Himself), was underway. Because God is LOVE and loved us. (John 3:16)
When the time was right, God sent His son Jesus to bear the penalty of our sin by dying a cruel death on a Roman cross. Jesus' last words as he hung from that tree were, "It is finished." The penalty for ALL SIN was paid and JUSTICE was satisfied.
BUT...That's Not All
The Bible says Jesus rose from the dead after 3 days in the grave. His resurrection was witnessed by about 500 people. HE LIVES! Because He defeated death and HE LIVES, we too can LIVE again--not just new spiritual LIFE, but LIFE ETERNAL. (John 11:25-26)
How do we enjoy what God has done for us? The Bible says, "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be SAVED." We must agree that we need a Saviour, and that He is the only way.
Saved from what? Refuse what Jesus Christ has done for you, and you bear the consequences of your own sin -- punishment and ETERNAL separation from God. Jesus did not come to make bad people good, but to make dead people LIVE.
After 40 days with His disciples, Jesus ascended into heaven. He now sits at God's right hand and serves as our great High Priest. He intervenes with the Father on our behalf. (Mark 16:19, Hebrews 2:17) Finally, He sent His Holy Spirit to His own, to comfort and teach all those who belong to Him.
Want to know more? Speak to one of our Pastors at