COVID-19 PROTOCOL (Updated Oct 15/20)
Valleyview Bible Church has updated their Covid 19 protocols following the order of the provincial health officer that was released on October 9th of 2020. This is a flexible plan that will be modified as it is necessary.
The Sunday service will continue with in person and on-line options and Sunday school will be occurring weekly. Groups are now meeting in the church during the week.
● Once per week, the building is thoroughly cleaned and sanitized, with particular attention to frequently touched surfaces such as door handles, light switches, counter tops, chairs and washroom facilities
● On entering the building at any time, please immediately thoroughly wash your hands or use a hand sanitizer
● Hand sanitizer and wipes are placed at several locations throughout the building
● Social distancing of six feet should be in practice at all times
- Those people helping with the service, doing worship and preaching are not included in the 50 people total
- People who did not pre register may register at the door if there is seating still available
- Please arrive early by 10-10:15 to allow time for check-in and seating
● People will be directed to review the COVID-19 questionnaire prior to the service
- The greeter will review the questions, confirm the responses are negative and ensure contact information is recorded
- A list of the attendees with contact information and their response to the covid questionnaire will be kept for 30 days.
- Sunday school and overflow attendees will be directed to the East side entrance
● On entering the building, please remember to sanitize hands
- Please move directly to the Sanctuary
● Seating clusters will be available
- An usher will direct people to their seats and rearrange chairs as necessary
● Those who would like to sing please wear a mask (because this is a high risk activity for transmitting the virus this precaution is taken in respect for others who are more cautious and may be more vulnerable to the virus)
- There will be more than ten feet between the worship team and the congregation
● Fellowship and Coffee time
- No coffee will be available after the service
- Fellowship can happen with six feet of social distancing (this activity is safer if it occurs outside or using a mask inside)
- The nursery washroom will be available for use by people in the main Sanctuary
- Washrooms in the hall will be used for people in the overflow rooms and Valleyview Kids Sunday School
- Disinfectant wipes and paper towels will be available
- Offering basket will be at the back of the sanctuary
- People can place their offering in the basket as they leave the service
- Communion service is on the first Sunday of every month
- People are to bring their own elements for Communion
● Sunday School will be occurring weekly
- Please see Website for further details
- Please use the washrooms in the east hall.
- Parents are to drop off and pick up children outside the east entrance.
Service Overflow Seating
● If more than 50 people (not including the service team) have registered for the Sunday service in the sanctuary, ‘overflow seating’ is available, first in the south classroom (near Kurtus’ office) and then in the library. People in this area are not to have contact with the people in the sanctuary area of the building
- Ushers at the front door will review the Covid questionnaire and gather contact information
- Overflow people will be directed to the East entrance where signage will indicate where seating is
● washrooms are available for use in the east hallway
● Take notice of the signage asking you to minimize occupancy in the washrooms.
- Greeting people as they arrive
- Reviewing Covid questionnaire with attendees
- Confirming pre registration and contact info, or gathering this info
- Directing people to main sanctuary, or to Sunday school and overflow entrance
- Sanitize their hands as needed
- Oversee people leaving their seats to use the washroom
- Oversee the offering at the end of the service
- Monitor six foot social distancing (people waiting to enter the church and visiting)
Church Building Use During the Week.
● Groups that are using the Church building during the week are to follow the outlined protocols (handwashing, social distancing, use of the nursery washroom, wiping down high touch surfaces and chairs prior to and following a gathering)
- more detailed protocols have been developed for specific events (youth, Sunday school, bible study etc.)
please see the website or contact Joni for more details
1. Have you been out of the Province in the past two weeks prior to this service?
2. Are you experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms such as flu or cold symptoms, sore throat or fever, sore chest or difficulty breathing?
3. Have you been in contact with anyone experiencing any of these symptoms within the past 2 weeks?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions we ask you not to attend the in-person service. Thank you.