Frontline ministries seeks to provide warm and positive first impressions (Greeters who welcome guests at the front door) and helpful information (at the Info Centre) to everyone who walks through the doors on a Sunday morning or at other special events and services at Valleyview Bible.
Leader: Jeannie Vanderwal
Description: Frontline ministries provides warm and positive first impressions and helpful information to everyone who walks through the doors on a Sunday morning or other special events and services at Valleyview. Greeters welcome people with a handshake, a smile, and a greeting at the door, and are available at the information table respond to questions about Valleyview Bible. Specifically, greeters…
- Introduce themselves to someone new every Sunday
- Direct newcomers to the Info Centre after the service for information
- Help to keep the back rows available for newcomers
- Help to keep the foyer free of congestion so traffic will flow into the meeting room
Purpose: To consistently provide an inviting atmosphere were newcomers feel welcome as well as exploring new ways to improve that.
This ministry seeks to serve: Regular attenders, by warming welcoming them, Newcomers (seekers), by providing a positive first impression and pertinent information to help them find their way into and around the various ministries of Valleyview Bible Church.
Ways to participate: Enjoy the warm welcome and don’t hesitate to ask questions at the information Centre.
Ways to Serve: Inquire about taking a ‘test-drive’ serving in an entry-level role that interests you and makes use of your gifts and skills.
Entry Level: Sunday morning greeting (start with a test drive).
- Who is eligible? Someone with a heart to make people feel comfortable and to bring them to a sense of belonging and purpose in Christ’s family right here at Valleyview Bible. Those with a genuine heart for people – especially seekers.
Leading Level: Overseeing the team of greeters (recruiting, training, scheduling).
- Who is eligible? Someone with public relations and administrative skills and gifts.
Where to Start: Contact Jeannie to find out more and inquire about taking a ‘test-drive’ serving in an entry-level role that interests you and makes use of your gifts and skills. Also, speak with a greeter and find out why they enjoy this ministry.